The Paignton Zoo Great Gorillas Project auction has raised £100,000.
A total of £99,800 was bid on the night - a secret donation of £200 made the sum up to six figures.
27 large gorillas and two smaller cousins went under the hammer at a prestigious charity auction night at the Palace Theatre, Paignton.
How did your favourite gorilla do?
- Barry (sponsored by Torquay BID) £3,200
- Mr Bumble (Frobishers Juices) £4,400
- Five Minutes to Midnight (Wollen Michelmore) £4,000
- Sora (Exeter College) £2,600
- Misty (Union Square Shopping Centre) £2,600
- Miss Prints (Harlequins Shopping Centre) £3,000
- Ubuntu (Guildhall Shopping Centre) £4,000
- Hearts by Kirstie Allsopp (RH Partners) £3,200
- Poirot (South Devon College) £2,800
- Nacho (Wild in Art) £2,500
- Hippocampus Guttulatus (Cavanna Homes) £3,400
- Gatsby – medium sized gorilla £1,400
- Bob (Bob Hill Haulage) £2,400
- Skins (ATASS Group) £4,000
- X-ray Ape (Paignton Zoo) £3,200
- The Back of Beyond (Babbacombe Model Village) £4,400
- Gi Gi, by Galmpton C of E Primary School (National Trust Greenway) £2,800
- Dragilla (Inter-line) £3,400
- Hope (Zoo Vue) £4,900
- Hanky Panky On Holiday (Torquay BID) £3,200
- Not so Different (Cathedral Financial Management) £3,100
- Cool Ice Cream Bananas (Princesshay Shopping Centre) £3,700
- Beverley (Beverley Holidays) £3,800
- Handy Work – medium sized gorilla painted by N’Dowe, a real gorilla £2,700
- Takamanda (University of Exeter) £3,800
- Darth Vader (Cavanna Homes) £3,800
- Vanilla Gorilla (Palm FM) £3,000
- Bananarilla (Stagecoach) £5,200
- Flagged (Paignton BID) £5,300
Three full sized gorillas were not included in the auction: Lilo (sponsored by Torbay Council, the Herald Express and Hi-Line) will go back on display in public places around the Bay; Francis (sponsored by Francis Clark) was pre-purchased by the sponsors; and Herbert, who will stay at Paignton Zoo.
One gorilla – Five Minutes to Midnight – was sold in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
Pippa Craddock, Paignton Zoo’s Director of Marketing & Development, said: “It was an amazing night wrapping up an amazing project in really great style. Thank you to all our partners and sponsors, to everyone who helped out and to everyone who bought a gorilla.”